The members of the Philippine-Macau Province of the Society of St. Paul gathered together last August 15-17, 2016 for the 20th Provincial Assembly with the theme “God who is rich in mercy, brought us to life with Christ” (Eph. 2:4-5). The Assembly was a special time for members to rekindle the bond of brotherhood, to update on the present and unique realities of each local community, to celebrate brave and fruitful apostolic initiatives, to honestly look into aspects of religious witnessing needing improvement, and to praise and thank the Divine Master for journeying with the Province in the first year of the new Provincial Government headed by Fr. Jose Aripio, SSP.
The Province, comprised of 80 professed members from 9 local communities, looks forward to the future with hope and strives to actualize the lines of action framed in the Final Document of the 7th Provincial Chapter for Programming (2015-2019).
About the Provincial Assembly Logo (designed by Cl. Lawrence De Peralta, SSP):
Based from the text of Saint Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians 2:4-5 that says, “God who is rich in mercy, brought us to life with Christ.”
- The blue figure stretches its arm and extends its hand to the red human figure to indicate that God’s mercy is encompassing, embracing man in its totality in order to receive new life from Him.
- Blue represents the deep mercy of God. Red represents man/humanity.
- The logo is entitled “Embrace of the Father”.
- The blue figure symbolizes God who, in his great mercy, reaches out to humanity even to the point of kneeling down, to fully embrace and welcome humanity to new life.
- The red human figure appears to be smaller compared to the other signifying limitation in stature and in reaching out to God’s embrace.
- Rev. Fr. Kris Llacer, SSP